Central Va. Companions
"Where we support independent living of the elderly and disabled".
Sick Leave Update
The 2021 General Assembly passed HB2137 requiring employers of home health workers to provide paid sick leave benefits to essential employees who work an average of 20 hours per week or 90 hours per month.
Who qualifies for paid sick leave?
• Home care attendants that are employed by Medicaid members or their designee to provide consumer directed personal care, respite care and companion services.
• Consumer-Directed care attendants who work an average of 20 hours per work week or at least 90 hours per month.
How will sick leave be earned?
• Qualified Consumer-Directed care attendants will earn 1 hour of sick leave per every 30 hours worked. • Attendants may earn and use up to 40 hours of sick leave per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
When will sick leave be effective?
• Sick leave will be available to use in November 2021 for eligible home care attendants.
• Sick leave will be applied automatically for eligible attendants - no additional steps are necessary for qualified attendants to earn sick leave.
Effective July 1 2021 attendant may work up to 16 hours of overtime per work week.
Attendants who do not live with member are eligible for overtime payments.
The attendant may not exceed the member's bi-weekly authorized hours.
Live In Exemption
Effective January 1, 2021 attendants who live with the member are eligible for the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Live-in Exemption. If you are a live-in attendant, you will be required to provide proof of address.
Forms of proof of address can include but are not limited to driver's license, voter registration card, banking statement, credit card statement, utility bill statement, or cell phone bill statement.
Fiscal Agent Portals
Central Va. Companions is currently working with three Fiscal Agents:
Public Partnership LLC (PPL), Consumer Direct Care Network (CDCN),
Aces$ Financial Management Service.